The International Association of Certified Agile Auditors (the acronym is French for Association Internationale des Certifiés en Audit Agile) is the professional body for agile internal auditors. Its mission is to spread an agile mindset in the internal audit profession. It is a disruptive, innovative and truly global force that fosters agile audit innovation.
Founded in 2019, the AICAA builds on the pioneer work of Dr. Philipp Wilhelm who, already in 2015, went fully agile with the internal audit department of a Swiss insurance company. This is the first documented pervasive use of agile frameworks in internal audit processes. Combining his own experiences as agile CAE and his scientific background in management research, Dr. Wilhelm has developed an agile internal audit framework that was ever since refined thanks to numerous interactions with active internal audit professionals.
A brief history of stop-overs in the development of an agile internal audit framework by Dr. Wilhelm, leading to the foundation of the AICAA:
- 2015: First pervasive application of Scrum in an internal audit department
- 2016: First presentation of agile internal audit processes at the Lucerne CAE Meeting
- 2017: First professional training of agile internal audit processes in the education programme of IIA Switzerland
- 2017: Presentation of agile audit planning at the IIA ECIIA Conference 2017
- 2017: Presentation of agile audit processes at the IIA Baltic Conference in Riga, Latvia
- 2018: First in-house coaching for agile internal audit transformation
- 2018: Second year of agile internal audit process training in the education programme of IIA Switzerland
- 2018: Presentation of the agile audit framework in the Swiss IIA Practice Group Industry, Trade, Transportation and Media
- 2019: Third year of agile internal audit process training in the education programme of IIA Switzerland
- 2019: Foundation of the AICAA
- 2019: Presentation of agile internal audit processes at the IIA International Conference Southern California
- 2019: Workshop for agile internal audit applications at the Annual Meeting of the IIA Austria
Today, the AICAA is the pioneer in agile internal audit processes. It is the international network of agile audit experts who interact largely free from bureaucratic constraints on a truly agile knowledge platform. Its organizational setting is a flexible network of agile audit professionals. The legal framework necessary for its operation is provided by the Swiss Internal Audit Headhunting Boutique Schweizer Institut für Managementerneuerung GmbH (Swiss Institute of Management Renewal). Founder and current President of the AICAA is Dr. Philipp Wilhelm.
We are currently finalizing our professional certification for agile internal auditors, the Certified Agile Auditor (CAA). This certification will be the pivot point of the AICAA network. For more information on our certification, please refer to the main navigation menu.
To contact the AICAA, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.